Plastic has been infused into our society and our lifestyle for many decades that we cannot imagine a life without it anymore. It has been a great tool for convenience but also a destructive one in the long haul. A plastic-free lifestyle can be inaccessible for many communities and may be difficult to practice for most of us.
The Plastic Swap Project aims to encourage the Barrel Bag community to look at the simple ways we can reduce our impact on plastic pollution, one step at a time. This project aims to leverage the zero-waste/plastic-free movement as a great starting point for people to become more conscious of their lifestyle, make changes over things they can control, support more sustainable practices and advocate for policies that will help reduce the effects of waste and plastic pollution to our environment.
ready to take on the challenge?
- Pledge to swap one single-use plastic item with a more sustainable alternative
- Share your swap and tag 3 friends using our Instagram story template
- Post a blank copy of the template to your story to keep the challenge going!
- Repost your sustainable alternative to your story!
Ways to join the raffle:
- Follow @barrelbag on Instagram and tag us on your Instagram story with our Plastic Swap Template = 1 entry
- Every $5 donation to our Plastic Swap Project = 1 entry
- One winner will win a Kate Holstein photograph.
- Challenge runs from December 14, 2020 to January 14, 2021
- Winner will be announced on January 15, 2021